We don't watch a lot of TV around here. Okay, truthfully, we don't watch commercial TV at all. Maybe PBS once in a while, and Jeff likes to record some stuff for us to watch (which we never get around to watching)... but our main usage of the television is for mail-order-movie-rentals (you know, that red envelope!) which Jeff and I buzz through at a rapid rate. Love it.
However, K has been reading my Martha S. mags, and asked about the TV show (which is advertised in the magazine of course).
I hadn't seen the show in years, but Jeff set up to record it.... and with my being sick earlier this week, we settled in to watch one on Tuesday. And the girls got a taste of daytime tv.
"Mom, this is boring!" they exclaim while Martha half-heartedly explains what she's cooking while she's talking with some hunky actor. "Can you fast forward to something fun?"
K did like the actual cooking parts, and the actual talking about flowers, and the actual crafting, while they were actually doing something. But I forget how much of these shows are just random boring-to-a-kid (and to me) chit-chat.
At least with the wonders of digital recording, there's no commercials! (Although the wonder really is that I figured how to watch said recording.)
As M. was crafting along, I realized that not only what she was making do-able, we had all the items needed - since Jeff just trimmed our trees. So I went outside to gather a dew-damp stick and set the girls to making paper flowers and leaves. We fired up the glue gun, and the girls helped me carefully stick their flowers and leaves to the now dry branch.
K found an old vase from my prom-picture shooting days, and voila!
I highly doubt this will last more than the season in which we are using it now, but that's part of the fun, that it won't be around forever and I don't have to store it if I don't want to. For now, it's the prettiest flowers around!

I love it! I'm going to try my own, I think...have a TON of sticks outside from the ice storm a few months ago. :) I'll post a picture so you can see how bad I am at it. lol
ReplyDeleteOh, you'll love it! I cut the squares smaller (4x4" - so I could cut more out of a 12x12 paper) so I didn't really use their template, I just cut a new cardboard template that would fit my size folded square. Have fun! :)
ReplyDeleteThey turned out really nice!
ReplyDelete