Thursday, September 16, 2010
because I'll never be an early bird.
Jeff and I get up together every morning, then I walk the dog a half hour while Jeff gets ready for work. When we get back, and he leaves, the dog and I have an hour to ourselves before it's time for the girls to get up. K gets up on her own, then reads to herself until she comes down dressed and ready at 9:00 (her own preference, not by our suggestion), then we get little G up.
I love this hour of morning peace, which has just sort of come about - partially planned and partially due to having a household of night-owls. I catch up on computer stuff before turning it off for the day and have a cup of tea, and get ready for dealing with life.
Interviews with homeschool moms would talk about them getting up at 5:00 or some crazy hour for this to happen - I'm so grateful that I can enjoy the same thing a few hours later.
(Pippin takes a nap on whatever couch he can see me from when we settle in... here he's next to K's loom)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment