Part 1:
A couple weeks ago I went through my closet a bit and finally bagged all those shirts that just don't fit right ("I'll wear this, but I won't like it!"), to donate them to the thrift store.
This is most of my fall-weather-ish tops, by the way.
Now I spend most of my internet free-time (which is not much time at all, but anyway) looking for new tops that will fit, and complaining about how much they cost. This from the girl who got rid of a pile of cheap ill-fitting tops that I've been holding on to and complaining about for, oh, 10 years or so.
Part 2:
This weekend I went to the MHA homeschool conference... always a lovely time, always lots of good encouragement and ideas.
and books. lots and lots of books.
So, yes, to answer your question - I have absolutely no problem plunking down 50 or so bucks for a pile of awesome used and new books (and a giant bag of wooden pattern blocks - little g's favorite - for $3, oh yeah!) without even thinking twice.
Full confession? I have a on-line shopping cart filled with $300 (yes, you read that correctly) more, waiting for me to hit that "order" button. Which will be a bigger step, yes, but will still probably take place sooner than later.
Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to return to the internet and continue complaining about the price of cotton knit.
(Would someone please take me clothing shopping?)
I ♥ to shop. I'll meet you at the Mall of America, sans children, sometime! OK?
ReplyDeleteOoo, book shopping AND clothes shopping. My two favorite things. On the other hand I HATE shopping for items for the house. HATE HATE HATE it. If I lived closer I would so take you shopping (and I adore figuring out what styles and colors look best on which people, and what styles fit their life styles and so on. :))
ReplyDeleteBTW, I HAVE been reading, really, I have just been being very, very quiet of late. Life has been too crazy and hectic and too many people I actually know irl read what I write, which now makes me uncomfortable because what I WANT to write about is stuff that I do NOT want to share with those people. Which tells me I should really go reopen my more private semi anonymous blog and write there.
I would love to go clothes shopping if it was for you (not me, I hate it too =)! Where are you ordering from online?
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a good time at the conference, and that pile of books looks awesome. (blocks too - thanks for G's, she loves them too!)
Amanda - so totally yes! Cary come along, too, girls day at the MOA w/o little ones :) Don't we all need some other people in life to help us figure out what to wear?!
ReplyDeleteHeather - Oh, I would trade home-item shopping for clothes shopping with you any day of the week! ...and I'm completely there with you about being quiet. So much goes through my head that I'd love to put down in words, but can't due to one reason or another, internal or external. Great to hear from you! Lurking is just fine :)
Cary - is Lands End the only "normal" store that carries women's talls any more? I've found that's the main problem with modern clothes - love medium/low pants waists, hate too short shirts...
Books -- you can never have enough! What fun!
ReplyDelete