Monday, August 29, 2011

new hat.

I was hoping to make her a sun-hat.  but this is what she wanted.  She picked the fabric and the pattern... and yes, I confirmed in the book and on-line that the top is supposed to be inside out, inexplicably.



 she hardly ever takes it off.  (except when made to at dinner.)


It was worth the hassle, and the tossing of brim #1, but I still think knitting's easier.  fortunately, Gret didn't want one, too (at least not enough that I couldn't talk her out of it for now).

I remember wearing a (baseball) cap much of my late childhood/pre-teen years, too.  Hers is much cuter than the Cubs (and later, hockey) hats I'm sure I was wearing, so there's always that.

2 comments:

  1. love her wearing it while sewing! it really suits her very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern, great look!

    ReplyDelete