Monday, December 10, 2012
and it snowed. (quite a bit.)
After a harrowing (to me) ride to and from church (taking over 2 hours, more than twice as long as normal), though we had edifying worship and good fellowship there, along with choir practice, I was quite happy to be back (safely) at home.
The time spent letting out the extra length in Gret's snowpants was almost unbearable to her, but it had to be done, and the girls and dog spent the rest of the dim daylight outside. I wandered out briefly, but soup and Sherlock were much more inviting. Hot chocolate was on order for the girls. Later, Jeff and I flew through a game of Constantinopolis, pausing to put the girls to bed, make brownies, and shovel one more time (Jeff). ("Flew" compared to the last time we played, which was our first time. Took two days.)
We probably added more than 4 additional inches of powder to what's pictured, which turns out to be a good winter snowfall for us around here, over a foot. It stopped coming down over night, so all I had to do in the morning was shovel out the plowed-in drive for Jeff to get out. The girls are out again right now, though it's only 15 degrees. They'd be happy with another foot. (I'm fine with that, as long as it's not on a Sunday.)
I may just have to declare the rest of December a snow day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment