Tuesday, December 3, 2013

(we didn't buy the $20 bunnies, either.)





I'm so glad we decided to go out Friday to get the Christmas tree.

It's kind of a little game around here:  Jeff makes grumbling and complaining noises whilst cutting and hauling and dragging and strapping and bringing into the house, and I clean up and oversee decorating (and do the high spots the girsl can't reach) and monitor the near-constant watering and tending through the month, and thank him sincerely for putting up with his wife who grew up on a constant diet of yearly-cut-trees.  (Who is the one who clips the coupon for our favorite farm?  Yes, him, of course.  It's a game I tell you!)

Friday felt much too early, just after Thanksgiving, but with a non-stop December and a nice long weekend handy, it was lovely to go.

(p.s.  Despite that look on Kaatje's face, we came home with only the dog we brought, even though I suppose $400 for Golden Retrievers is a great price.  "I just need to see the puppies once more before we go!"  Oooh you 6-week-old puppies, it's a good thing you're cute... I just remember too well the chewed-up walls and wintertime housebreaking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment