Wednesday, January 15, 2014

birthday (eight.)










This (not so) little one's birthday weekend was quiet but active, as we were here and there all over town.  From closing out the Huge Swedish Furniture Store on Friday night, to a matinee of the snowy sisters animated movie on Saturday afternoon, to a birthday day spent outside at friends house, to just being at home with games and knitting and lego building, we were full.

Greta chose a Victoria Sponge cake again this year, which we kept well away from the dog (after he ate last year's cake).  It's such an easy, lovely, not-too-sweet cake for our sweet girl.  I use the recipe from my favorite cookbook, The River Cottage Family Cookbook.

Eight is so nice, but I think I'm really feeling like we don't have little kids anymore.  (My friends with high-schoolers would certainly disagree.)

(p.s.  this is the time of year I start buying things I would normally walk past without a second look:  this week we splurged on a flower basket of bulbs and violets.)

No comments:

Post a Comment