Wednesday, February 5, 2014

(best $18 I've "wasted" this winter)













Kaatje was bored one afternoon (I think it was a Saturday Jeff and I were trying to work to finish something specific) so I handed her my camera, the SLR.  I showed her how it works, set the macro zoom to manual, and pointed her to the flower basket I had picked up a week earlier from our member-only-big-box store.  (The dog was sleeping on the couch nearby.)  This flower basket delights us with its variety!....and smell.  Phew, hyacinths!

Today is Kaatje's 12th birthday, but we're celebrating tomorrow.  We were busy during the day and the evening with regular things, so tomorrow we can make a more special day.  So after posting her pictures here late this evening, a breath of spring on these still-cold cold days, snow to our knees, I think it's time to find some birthday fun to plan...  (The cake and ice cream is prepped for Baked Alaska, waiting in the freezer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment