Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Where spring tries its best.



(when the girls get a hold of the camera:)


The quagmire we traverse on the way to the garage:



Same, two hours later:




Three days later:







Though she waited until the last minute to design and build her car, Kaatje had a lot of fun participating in her first pinewood derby.  Jeff and the girls had a big day out here and there, while a little group of us from church attended a women's conference in Iowa.  I came home to pizza and a tired family, tired myself, but we all had fun.  Both years, I "didn't bother" to bring my camera to the conference, which is adjacent to a state park, and both years I regretted not having it.  (In thousands of miles run over my years of running, I'd never seen a deer skeleton before!!  Where's a camera when you need one?!  Yes, yes, on the phone I don't have, I know.)

~
The "sick tray" is back out by the couch, but the user is at art class, thankfully.  I blame the small girl's frequent sickness this year on this weather:  it hasn't been record-breaking, except in the relentlessness and persistence of the chill, perhaps.  Sunday was the warmest day since November, at 51 degrees, but I should have had the girls wear boots for our between-church-services walk to the park... the ground is frozen, insulated by still-a-foot of snow pack.  Old-wives would say her walk home from the park in damp frozen shoes is why she's sick today, add that to exposure to a virus somewhere, and I'll agree.

Even so, we're humming along this cold spring;  fun little and bigger things planned, stacks of books from the library, a new dress cut out for the small girl which could maybe be finished for Easter, even ideas starting to brew for months from now.  For now, the sun is shining (even if it's not above freezing) and we have a quiet afternoon to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment