hens and chicks from the neighbor
the oaks are leafing out very slowly
but not the maples
weedy patch of earth taken over by the fairies
strawberries by the raised beds
this oak has leafed
four year old seed from the fridge does sometimes work (lettuce and peas)
self-seeded columbine
prairie smoke
pussy toes
the tree people said the hackberry is "the new elm" ... we like it, but it grows helter-skelter
unearthed a green beetle whilst I looked for big bluestem I thought I'd planted
ginko leaves burst
the girls have to catch the beetle, in their p.j.'s. (he got away.)
Feeling more like myself, though Jeff and I are still foggy and tired. (What a strange spring sickness.) Girls are still bright and healthy, thank goodness. We're prepping for the start of a busy summer, already booked here and there through mid-July. Hurrah? Yes... hurrah; it will be good.
This past week has been a parade of window and drywall guys coming through for quotes then measurements. The upstairs porch will be progressing! (But poor Jeff has a lot of work to do before windows and drywall.) This is such a funny old house, but we fit well here among the creaking floors and wavy windows.
(Off soon to new adventures!)
No comments:
Post a Comment