Friday, February 26, 2010

once upon a time friday


date: 1944-ish says my notes
people: my maternal grandfather, with a neighbor's dog. he's probably about 20, and if it's in '44, it's just before he married my grandmother in '45
location: probably Chicago

I have the nicest looking grandfathers, if I do say so myself! Isn't he handsome?!

it's interesting that even not dressed up, the men back then still look more stylish than those today. is it the hair? the fact they're always wearing dress shoes? the black & white photo? a bit of each, mixed in with the fact that logo-festooned clothing, plastic flip-flops, and grunge are decades in the future (and as a child of the grunge era, better that than some of the stuff that followed and is currently popular)... meanwhile, I'm going to dress up a little bit more today, even if I am under the weather!

2 comments:

  1. I think your brother resembles your Grandfather quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh! Now that you say that - he really does in that picture! :)

    ReplyDelete