Wednesday, June 23, 2010

bzzzz....

When my dad was a kid, growing up without extra money in Chicago, he says that every summer, first thing, all the boys would get their "summer hair cut" - i.e., shaved. Saved on time, energy, and money!

We didn't mean the same for the dog, but a couple weeks without good combing and all the humidity and playing in the hose has cost him 5"+ of fur....

...ready?

We traded our fuzz-ball into the groomer and


were given back a poodle!


Although I was mentally prepared for the difference in appearance, I wasn't prepared for the mental problems he seems to be having.... he hasn't been himself since he's been back - he's skittish and shy and exuberant and crazy all at the same time, impossible to walk, won't listen to any of the commands he used to follow so well.

I told Jeff that evening: if Pippin stays like this, I'm giving him away.

Fortunately, recently he's doing better and is more like himself, for better or worse.

And, as we reminded ourselves even before we brought him in - "hair grows!"

(I'm sure he's happier yesterday, also, with it being 90 degrees w/ a dew point in the upper 60's. I wish I had 5" of hair to cut off all over my body!... no wait, I don't wish that.)

Wanna see that again?

before:


after:


um, yeah, it's the same dog... and he's not minding so much now that we don't have air!

1 comment:

  1. CRAZY! He looks SO different! Glad he is settling down though and hope he enjoys his "summer" haircut! (we did the same thing in my family =)

    ReplyDelete