Monday, September 13, 2010

fine then. (but still nice to be in the woods)


Saturday, it was required that we get to the woods.  Looking at our calendar for the next month, I was officially panicking with the busyness.

So in the afternoon, leaving dad to continue with his caulking, I pushed the girls into the car and headed us toward Elm Creek.







In the end, the mosquitoes won.  Clouds of them, such that we couldn't pause on our walk... so back to the car and a short trip up to the (sunny, dry, bug-free) local playground, where the girls played for a while before we headed home for Saturday night homemade pizza and a movie.

I'm still not ready to say it officially, but I'll allow the weather to freeze already and kill these terrible bugs we've had since the rains a couple weeks ago. 

Fine, be that way, summer, if you want to get all buggy on us.  Considering highs are in the 60's this week, we'll be back to the woods, bug free, (but wearing hats and gloves!) sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment