Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm sure there's a mathmatical equation for that.


We spent last night filling out (and up) our calendar for the next month(s).

I'm a bit depressed, weeks filled through September, weekends through October, a porch that doesn't yet have walls... and snowboots soon to be leaking on my kitchen floor.

This summer has gone by so quickly!  It seems like it was just a bit ago that I was telling Jeff that we needed to go camping more this summer.... that would have been nice.  Let me tell you, my current stir-craziness is not a good mix with a filling calendar.

Also, is it the nature of home learning for panic to rise proportionally to the growth of your kids?


Gaak!  She'll be nine! 
And we've not been to either coast yet!! 

...I've just been itching for a road trip.


(come back next week, when I'll be buried under a blanket, knitting, and refusing to leave the house.)

by the way - these picture were taken early last week, when the temps were in the upper 80's.  today I'm shivering in long pants and a sweatshirt, with temps in the low 50's.  talk about cause for panic.

3 comments:

  1. Cute photos. Little G has quite a contagious smile! Temps in MI have cooled off, too. It's like once Sept hits, suddenly it's Fall! ick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff and I were just talking about weather where we grew up - I blame all my dislike of too hot and too cold on growing up in MI (I actually like cloudy days, too! that must be a MI thing! ;) Enjoy the pretty leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, panic is normal. And we haven't hardly been to any beaches (perhaps twice?) and never the West Coast. I figure if we don't get it done, they can do it on their own time. At this point eating their vegetables, learning to wash dishes and sweep the porches, sleeping 10 hours each night (I wish), and reading out loud before bed is higher on my list of priorities.

    ReplyDelete