At church yesterday Jeff and I were chatting with a friend; he mentioned going out with his wife to a local theater this (Monday) evening. I, seriously, truthfully, literally, had not a clue why they would be going out on a Monday evening.
(I'm sure I've mentioned in the past around here that we, Jeff and I as a couple, don't "do" Valentine's day. It's one of the things Jeff loves about me... my complete lack of caring about this day. The guys he works with don't believe him, of course.)
That's not to say I don't love a cute valentine!
(or some good dark chocolate... just FYI)
K's grandma & grandpa gave her a block printing set for Christmas, basically a set of really sharp carving tools and a brayer and ink. (Auntie Mel is a pro, really, with this technique, and my mom thought K would have fun with it, too - she was right!)
But we wanted to start small, and not with a big block of hard linoleum.
While trying to think of what we could carve and use to print, I came across a mention of eraser stamps - which completely reminded me I'd seen such things before on-line... the very next day we were on our way to Teacher's Pet in search of erasers.
K loved the designing and carving, little g loved the printing (not that K didn't, she was just having too much fun carving), and I set everything up in a little assembly line. We all had fun, and only did a few, so there was no burn-out involved.
We do need more erasers, though... there's going to be a lot of these in our future!
happy valentine's day to you,
(if you're into that sort of thing ;)
but we still wish you much love in your life
today and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment