Monday, March 21, 2011
k2, p2, repeat
My little tiny hand model is showing off a quick pair of fingerless gloves I knitted up in the round for the first of many Spring birthdays we have in our extended family.
"They fit me, Mom!"
The fun of a pattern like this is they really do fit 5-year-old hands, kind of, but also big men's sz. large hands like my own. Gotta love that K2, P2 rib, full of stretch.
One glove is slightly slightly (one round, I think) smaller than the other - in my quest for using up yarn I already own (simplify, simplify), I ended the project with less than 24" of yarn leftover. The general pattern idea is from the gorgeous:
last-minute knitted gifts, by joelle hoverson
* fingerless gloves ("men's" version, with 4 added stitches, on sz 7 dpns)
* knit with a wool/silk blend
Someday I'll get around to making myself a pair!
More fun projects are in the works, to be shown off when they're with their new owners... meanwhile we'll spend today digging out of the chaos and stumbling about that was this past weekend; dealing with down and out sick little girl (whose fever is gone and is much more sprightly than I this morning) and not getting anything done (including relaxing) that should be done on weekends. phew - some days are just like that!
Here's wishing all a calm and accomplished week, by the grace of God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment